I
Where did it all begin?
The world -- where?
I don't believe the 'big bang' theory;
And I don't believe in organized religion.
So I'm left with my own reasons;
I need to find it for myself.

It is amazing how everyone has parents.
Yet we realize that someone, someone didn't have parents.
I think that we evolved through dimensions,
But if that was true, what happened before the first dimension?

IV
I've figured the five essential things in life.
The first is that life is short (a cliche),
And you must seize the day (another cliche).
Although they are cliches, they are true.

The second is that everything is special.
Even two species of the same kind -- like two daisies --
Are unique, and special.
Everything has its own special quality, and
Must be appreciated for that.

(One should stop here and ponder the previous two before continuing.)
The third is that all necessities are really needs.
Food is not a necessity, it is a need,
Air
Water
Earth
Sun.

The fourth is time.
I know I already said life is short,
But I mean time as a difference from what it was,
Time is considered now as an enemy -- a friend also -- but mostly an enemy.

The last thing -- you may not understand this --
Is something I have forgotten. You may
Think that I never knew it at all.
But I did! I even wrote it down -- only,
I can't read my writing and my memory is poor.

V
I feel like I've detrayed the human race today.
Not in anyway physical, or noticable,
But I still have.

XIII
I have a most embarrassing day the other day.
I just wish I was a flower.
I wish I was a can.
I wish I was an M&M,
Or maybe, a cactus by the sea.

The reason I want to be these things,
Is that they aren't human,
And they don't have to deal with,
The pain and suffering -- embarrassing.

XVI
You care for him so much.
You wish your could make him better.
You wish you could fix his problems,
Instead of tormenting him.

But you can't.

And you must keep him outside all the time,
Area from you -- and love.
You hardly see him.
You hardly miss him -- but you still care.

You miss him rubbing himself against your leg,
To try and coax you into petting him.
All you ever heav -- is that lonely cry,
Saying "Let me in."

The that one fateful day, you look out the window,
And see him walking down the driveway.
You see him stager and think to yourself:
"Probably just a wobble or something."

Then you see him fall.
Your heart flutters while thinking:
"He probably just fell to lie in the sun,"
But he doesn't get up, and he doesn't move.

You run outside and touch him; he's dead.
You look up to the sky, and think to yourself:
"Why? I know he had to go, but why?"
And then you know why -- and see him walk by.

No comments: