The Second Path

I have two paths to choose from,
And I must travel before I can reach the split.
But either path leads back to the other,
And the end of my journey shall be in the same place.

Although the uphill on the left is in the beginning,
And the right is near the end before they rejoin,
It makes little difference in my choice,
And they both never seem to go downhill.

And I see the paths that over have taken before,
Now meet and rejoin the mainstream path I took,
But I see everyone else in the same boat as me,
Staying on the river, as I jump ashore and create my way.

Sometimes the senic route is less picturesque than the highway,
But the rewards are greater, and so is the challenge.
But my friends are all along the river, and in the
Mountainous shore, friends are hard to find.

No comments: